It’s summer, and I have a delightful Banana Ice Cream recipe to share with you! This cool and refreshing treat will lighten up even the hottest and heaviest days. The best part is that it’s vegan and takes little time to prepare. The only requirement is that you like bananas, which I hope you do!
But before we delve into the recipe, let me offer you some food information from the Ayurvedic perspective for a healthy body. Ayurvedic Medicine is an ancient holistic healing system that originated in India over 5,000 years ago. It focuses on bringing balance to the body, mind, and consciousness, placing significant emphasis on prevention through a harmonious diet and lifestyle.
One of the key principles in Ayurveda is the importance of good digestion. Proper digestion ensures that all the vitamins and minerals from your food get absorbed into the bloodstream. On the other hand, poor digestion can lead to the formation of toxins, known as “Ama” in Ayurveda, in your digestive tract, which can then be absorbed and cause various health issues. Signs of poor digestion include indigestion, gas, heartburn, constipation, and diarrhea.
To support proper digestion, it’s important to pay attention to food combining. For instance, fruit is best eaten alone and not mixed with other types of food. This helps ensure the optimal digestion of nutrients. Now, let’s get back to the scrumptious Banana Ice Cream recipe.
Easy BANANA ICE CREAM (Vegan)
- Ripe bananas
1. Cut up a ripe banana into ½ inch pieces and freeze them in a freezer bag.
2. Once frozen, take out the banana pieces and blitz them in a blender until smooth and creamy. This will create a delicious soft-serve style ice cream.
3. If you prefer a firmer texture, transfer the blended banana ice cream to the freezer for about 30 minutes.
Now comes the fun part – adding flavors to your Banana Ice Cream! Here are some suggestions:
- Use frozen berries or strawberries with a dash of vanilla and a pinch of cinnamon for a fruity twist.
- Add a crushed-up cookie to the whizzed banana for a cookie dough flavor.
- Mix in peanut butter or any nut butter of your choice for a nutty delight.
- Stir in cocoa nibs, chocolate chips, or butterscotch chips for a touch of sweetness and crunch.
- Sprinkle chopped nuts of your choice to add a lovely texture.
Feel free to get creative and experiment with different flavor combinations. The possibilities are endless!
Indulge in this delectable and nourishing Banana Ice Cream as a delightful summer treat. It’s so healthy that you can even enjoy it for breakfast on those hot days! The best part is that it contains no extra sugar, gluten, dairy, or protein. However, if you prefer or require some protein in your morning meal, simply add chopped nuts, peanut butter, or any other nut butter of your choice. This way, you can savor a refreshing and balanced start to your day.
If you like this content and want more get access to my weekly Blog drop here and get a copy of my Yoga Journal too. The Journal is designed to help you keep track of your healthy lifestyle practices.
Check out my yoga website to learn more about what I am teaching, my weekly live schedule and more here.